Protecting a hospital from operational disruption
A hospital in Philippines, which has 200+ employees. Concerns from the owning group that certain malicious actors may target hospitals in the midst of the pandemic with the possible intent of extortion
The customer was looking to replace their legacy AV solution, as they look into simplifying prevention and detection in a single platform and augmenting their resilience against possible disruptive events. The scope of coverage requested was 250 endpoints.
Theos delivered the NGAV solution for the customer, which includes the following:
- Implementation of NGAV solution: configure of policies, including Detection, Prevention, Alert, Response, and Update policies.
- Configuration of Prevention and Detection Policies which is customised to reflect the working culture and risk appetite of the organisation.
Security values delivered to the customer:
- Able to implement the solution within the customer’s environment within 1-week, which enables the customer to migrate away from their legacy AV solution on-time.
- Gained an overview of their endpoints’ exposure to security risks such as data breaches and ransomware that could cause disruption to the hospital operations – 131 detections over 8 hosts within 1 month after the completion of deployment at the customer’s environment.
- Successfully contained an ongoing incident where attackers had gained a foothold in the environment and were in a potential to severely disrupt it medial operations